Rules & Regulations
Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”)
Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement with and acceptance of these Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
This Contest is not open to anyone who is currently playing for any high school, AAU team or other team involved in a similar level of competition.
Void where prohibited.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Contest Period: The Contest period begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (ET) on Thursday, November 1, 2018 and closes at 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 28, 2019 (the “ Contest Period”). The Contest Period is comprised of two segments: the entry portion from 9:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 1, 2018 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 31, 2019 (the “ Entry Period”), and the voting portion from on 11:59 a.m. ET on Friday, February 1, 2019 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 28, 2019 (the “Voting Period”). The Entry Period includes an “Early Bird” portion which spans from 9:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 1, 2018 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, December 7, 2018 (the “ Early Bird Entry Portion”).
2. Eligible Teams : This Contest is open only to legal residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older and are either:
a. parents and/or legal guardians of a player on a Minor Basketball Team (ages 7-12) (a “Team”) which plays its home games within a 50 mile (80 km) radius of the City of Toronto’s city limits (the “ Eligible Region”), or
b. a coach or other representative of a Team (each an “ Entrant”).
Employees (and their immediate families and those with whom they are domiciled) of Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited (the “ Contest Sponsor”), Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership and its affiliates (collectively “MLSE” or “ Prize Supplier”), the Toronto Raptors, Raptors 905, the National Basketball Association (“NBA”) and its Member Teams, NBA Media Ventures LLC, NBA Properties, Inc., and any of each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, agents, dealers, representatives, successors, assigns or advertising and promotional agencies (altogether, the “Releasees”) are not eligible to enter. Immediate family includes the husband, wife, son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, or father of an individual.
This Contest will be run in accordance with these Rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. Entrants must comply with these Rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules by entering the Contest.
3. How to Enter: No purchase necessary. During the Contest Period, an Entrant must visit www.forddrillsandskills.ca and fully complete all mandatory fields on the online entry form, which requires the Entrant to: (i) enter his/her name, valid email address, home phone number, and information about the Team (e.g. the Team's name, coach's name, age group and other information); (ii) write an original essay (the "Essay") of up to 250 words on the “Team's community commitment and passion for the game” (the " Theme"), in the space provided; (iii) upload a photograph of the Team (the "Photo") in JPEG format, no larger than 5 megabytes, which Photo must comply with the submission conditions outlined in Section 4 below; and (iv) complete an attestation expressly stating that the Entrant has secured permission to submit the entry from the parents and/or legal guardians of all members of the Team depicted in the submitted Photo (collectively, an “Entry”).
Prior to posting any submission materials that depict a person under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, an Entrant is responsible for seeking the permission of this person and their parent or legal guardian.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT, ON HIS/HER OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF THE TEAM AND ALL MEMBERS THEREOF, AGREES THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES. THE RELEASEES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF AN ENTRY BY ANY ONE OF THEM (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION THE ESSAY AND THE PHOTO) AND THE RELEASEES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY THE DESIGNATED ENTRANT IN THE EVENT THAT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT ANY ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE CONTEST RULES. THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE AND UNFETTERED DISCRETION, TO REQUEST PROOF THAT THE NECESSARY CONSENTS AND APPROVALS HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM ALL MEMBERS OF A TEAM AND/OR THE PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS THEREOF, AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY TEAM IF THE ENTRANT FAILS TO PROVIDE SUCH PROOF WITHIN THREE (3) DAYS.
An Entrant can only enter one (1) Team into the Contest. In the event that it is determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that an Entrant has attempted to enter more than once, all Entries by that Entrant will be null and void. In the event that an Entrant is disqualified for having submitted more than one (1) Entry, but a subsequent Entry has been received for the same Team from a new Entrant, that subsequent Entry would be accepted into the Contest, subject to verification in accordance with these Rules.
A Team can also only be entered into the Contest one (1) time. Only the first Entry submitted on behalf of a Team will be accepted. For greater certainty, no Team may have more than one (1) Entry and any subsequent Entry/Entries submitted for a Team will automatically be disqualified.
Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all Entries by that Entrant.
If the identity of an Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected Entry. All Entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s server machine(s).
4. Submission Conditions : The Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect to use, in whole or in part, any submission materials (essays, photos, etc.) submitted into this Contest for its own future advertising and/or promotional activities, without notice or compensation and any Entrant submitting such materials forfeits any further copyright or similar claims to same. Each Entrant warrants to the Contest Sponsor and its affiliates that his/her submission materials (essays, photos, etc.) do not contravene or infringe on anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property. Submission materials (essays, photos, etc.) must not, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor:
a. contain defamatory words/statements (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group);
b. threaten any person, place, business, or group;
c. disparage any persons or organizations, especially those associated with the Releasees;
d. invade or infringe the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person, firm, or entity (other than the Entrant and those from whom he has obtained appropriate consents);
e. constitute unsolicited advertising or promotion in any form, including, without limitation, the promotion or inclusion of the address of other websites or the promotion of any product or service;
f. contain material that is in any way unlawful, in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations where the submission is created;
g. contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including but not limited to nudity or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortuous, slanderous or libelous; and
h. reference any persons or organizations without their prior express written permission (collectively the “ Submission Conditions”).
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) revise the submission materials (essays, photos, etc.), or request the Entrants to revise and resubmit the submission materials (essays, photos, etc.) in order to make such submission materials (essays, photos, etc.) compliant with these Submission Conditions, (b) remove any submission materials which are deemed inappropriate according to the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion; and (c) disqualify any individual who is found: (i) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (ii) to be acting in violation of the Rules; or (iii) to be acting in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner; (iv) to be in violation of any of the Submission Conditions specified above; or (iv) to be engaging in any other offensive conduct that jeopardizes the integrity and/or administration of the Contest, which shall be determined at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Prior to posting any submission materials that depict a person under the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, an Entrant is responsible for seeking the permission of this person and their parent or legal guardian.
5. Prize : There are a total of sixty-eight (68) prizes available to be won, as described below. Each prize may be referred to herein as a “ Prize” or, collectively, as “Prizes”.
Early Bird Prizes:
Four (4) Meet and Greet Early Bird Prizes
Each Meet and Greet Early Bird Prize consists of the following:
· The opportunity for a maximum of fifteen (15) participants per Team to be eligible to have a meet & greet (the “Meet & Greet ”) with a Toronto Raptors personality (past or present). The selected Toronto Raptors personality and the date, time and location of the Meet & Greet will be determined at sole discretion of Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier.
- Fifteen (15) autographed cards; and
· Fifteen (15) individual pictures from the Meet & Greet.
Approximate retail value of each Meet & Greet Prize is one thousand five hundred dollars (CAD$1,500.00).
Sixteen (16) Grand Prizes
Each Grand Prize consists of:
· The opportunity to participate in a drills and skills basketball clinic session at the Scotiabank Arena provided by members of the Toronto Raptors Development Team (exact date and time to be determined at sole discretion of Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier). Maximum of fifteen (15) players per Grand Prize winning Team will be eligible to participate. Up to sixteen (16) clinic sessions to be conducted simultaneously.
· One (1) Toronto Raptors branded jersey for each eligible participant on the Grand Prize winning Team. The style and size of each jersey will be determined at the sole discretion of the Prize Supplier.
Approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is five thousand dollars (CAD$5,000.00).
Two (2) Secondary Prizes
Each Secondary Prize consists of the following:
· Twenty-one (21) tickets to a 2018-2019 Toronto Raptors regular season home game within a Gondola Box at the Scotiabank Arena (each a “ Secondary Prize”) (specific game and exact seat location to be determined at sole discretion of Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier).
Approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is four thousand five hundred dollars (CAD$4,500.00).
Sixteen (16) Raptors 905 Experience Prizes
Each Raptors 905 Experience Prize consists of the following:
· The opportunity to participate in a one and a half hour, on court, drills and skills basketball clinic provided by members of the Raptors 905 Development Team (date, time and location to be determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier). Maximum of twelve (12) players per Raptors 905 Experience Prize winning Team;
· Up to forty-eight (48) tickets to attend a 2018-2019 regular season Raptors 905 home game at Paramount Fine Foods Centre (date and seat location to be determined at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier); and
· Up to forty-eight (48) items of select Ford Drills and Skills branded merchandise determined at the sole discretion of the Prize Supplier.
Approximate retail value of each Raptors 905 Experience Prize is seven hundred fifty dollars (CAD$750.00).
Thirty (30) Merchandise Prizes
Each Merchandise Prize consists of the following:
· One (1) autographed Toronto Raptors jersey (specific size and style in the sole discretion of the Prize Supplier) awarded to the Entrant.
Approximate retail value of each Merchandise Prize is two hundred fifty dollars (CAD$250.00).
Each Entrant (and his/her guests, if applicable) will be solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses related to their Prize not mentioned above, including, without limitation, transportation to and from any Prize-related event, gratuities, personal expenses, meals, entertainment, etc. The Contest Sponsor will not be held to award more Prizes than as set out in these Rules. The actual number of Prizes awarded will be based on the number of eligible Entries received.
Each winning Entrant and (and his/her guests, if applicable) must follow all directions of the Contest Sponsor and Prize Supplier with respect to his/her Prize or any aspect thereof. Failure to do so may result in termination of participation, or continued participation, in his/her Prize or any aspect thereof. Participation in any Prize is subject to compliance with all applicable laws, by-laws, regulations and any applicable facility or carrier rules; failure to comply may result in non-admission or expulsion from further participation in a Prize.
Prizes which include tickets to games : The Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier reserve the right to refuse admission and/or to expel from the game/event/activity and/or any other aspect of a Prize, any person whose conduct is deemed by them to be objectionable. Expulsion from the game cancels the tickets for the offending individual(s) and the individual(s) thereupon forfeit(s) all claims with respect to the tickets.
Prizes which include scheduled events : Due to the limited availability of the Toronto Raptors and Raptors 905 personalities, members and staff, if the selected Entrant or any other participant is, for any reason, not able to attend a scheduled event-based prize (including a drills and skills basketball clinic or a Meet & Greet) at the date, time and location determined by the Contest Sponsor and/or Prize Supplier, the scheduled event portion of such Prize will be forfeited.
6. Winner Determination :
Early Bird Prize Winner Selection
On Friday, December 14, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET at the offices of Mischief Media (20 Bay St, Toronto, Ontario), four (4) potential Early Bird Prize winners will be selected (one (1) for each Early Bird Prize) via random draw conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the Early Bird Entry Portion. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Early Bird Entry Portion.
Standard Prize Winner Selection
During the Voting Period, all eligible Entries which satisfy the Submission Conditions and are received by the Contest Sponsor during the Entry Period, will be posted on www.forddrillsandskills.ca and made available for voting. Prior to posting, all Entries will be sorted into three (3) groups based on the age of the participant Team members (each a “ Team Age Group”). The “Novice Team Age Group” will include children aged 7 to 8. The “Atom Team Age Group” will include children aged 9 to 10. The “Bantam Team Age Group” will include children aged 11 to 12. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to allocate Entries to Team Age Groups. Members of the general public will be provided with the opportunity to vote for their favourite Entries. The five (5) Teams from each Team Age Group that receive the highest number of votes will be declared as potential Grand Prize winners, subject to verification by Contest Sponsor, for a total of fifteen (15) winning Teams. In addition to the five (5) Grand Prizes awarded to each Team Age Group, one (1) additional Grand Prize will be awarded to the next highest vote garnering Team across all Team Age Groups for a grand total of sixteen (16) potentially winning Grand Prize Teams.
The next two (2) highest vote garnering Entries across all Team Age Groups will each will be declared as potential Secondary Prize winners.
The next sixteen (16) highest vote garnering Entries across all Team Age Groups will each will be declared as potential Raptors 905 Experience Prize winners.
The next thirty (30) highest vote garnering Entries across all Team Age Groups will each win one (1) Merchandise Prize. For greater clarity, only one (1) autographed Toronto Raptors jersey will be awarded to each winning Entrant, not one per Team member.
In the event of a tie between any number of Teams, a random draw will be conducted from among the tied Entries to determine the winning sequence/rank of the Team for Prize allocation.
The odds of winning any Prize will depend on the number of Entries, the quality of Entries, and the voting preferences of the visitors to www.forddrillsandskills.ca who have chosen to participate in voting for the Entries during the Voting Period.
7. How to Vote and Limits on Voting : During the Voting Period, voters will visit www.forddrillsandskills.ca, and, to ensure that individuals are not able to vote more than once per day, will be required to authentic themselves by entering a valid email address or Facebook account prior to submitting their votes. If voters authenticate themselves by entering an e-mail address, they may be required to confirm their ownership of the e-mail address by clicking a link that will be sent to the e-mail account provided. Votes must be received by the end of the Voting Period.
Limit of one (1) vote per individual per day of the Voting Period, regardless of the email address or Facebook account provided. In the event that it is determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that an individual has submitted more than one vote per day of the Voting Period (either directly or indirectly) all votes submitted by said individual will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery of a vote. Votes generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be subject to disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete votes, which will be void. All votes become the property of the Contest Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned. All votes are subject to verification. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor) from any voter to participate in this Contest or for any votes entered, or purportedly entered, by such voter to be considered valid for the purposes of this Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable votes that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of a valid vote in this Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s promotional agencies’ computer servers. IMPORTANT: You may encourage your friends and other eligible individuals to vote for your Entry; however, you are not allowed to offer any individual any form of incentive, inducement, prize or chance of receiving any incentive or inducement (including vote exchanging), or prize in furtherance of receiving such individual’s vote for any Entry.
Any individual determined by Contest Sponsor and/or its representatives (in its sole and absolute discretion) to be associated with, engaging in, benefiting from, soliciting, encouraging, and/or participating in any unfair and/or fraudulent voting practices is subject to disqualification (of his/her Entry and/or submitted votes, as applicable), at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
Any Entrant determined by Contest Sponsor and/or its representatives (in its sole and absolute discretion) to be engaging in any unfair and/or fraudulent voting practices is subject to disqualification to the Contest at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant that they find, in its sole discretion, to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest and/or any Contest website; (b) violating these Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
8. Winner Notification : The Contest Sponsor will contact each eligible selected Entrant by telephone at the number provided on the Contest entry form twenty-four (24) hours of the draw in the case of potential Early Bird Prize winners and seven (7) to twelve (12) days following the conclusion of the Voting Period in the case of potential Standard Prize winners. In the event that any selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of his/her Winner Notification for any reason (including failing to reply to the Winner Notification) or, if contacted, does not claim his/her Prize, or does not meet all of the Contest conditions outlined in these Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her Prize, and another Entrant may be selected for a Standard Prize based on the next highest vote garnering Team or by another random draw for an Early Bird Prize, and a representative of the Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact such new Entrant, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. This process will continue until contact is made with a selected Entrant who meets these Contests requirements or until there are no more eligible Entries, whichever comes first. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any selected Entrant. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit of one (1) Early Bird Prize and one (1) Standard Prize per Entrant.
9. Prize Substitution: Any Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify any Prize with (a) prize(s) of equal or greater value for any reason.
10. Winner Conditions: Before being declared a winner, all selected Entrants must: (i) correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or the use of a calculator, administered at the time of contact; and (ii) the selected Entrant and his/her guests must sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release form, releasing the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with: (a) the Entrant’s participation in the Contest; (b) the acceptance and use of any Prizes awarded in the Contest; and (c) the administration of the Contest by the Contest Sponsor, including (without limitation) the selection of Prize winners or the distribution of Prizes awarded in this Contest
The Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release must be returned on or before the date indicated on the documents or the Prize will be forfeited. If a selected Entrant (a) cannot answer, or incorrectly answers, the skill-testing question; (b) cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt at contact by the Contest Sponsor, or if the Contest Sponsor is otherwise unable to contact the selected Entrant within such time; (c) otherwise does not meet any of the Contest eligibility requirements including (without limitation) the Submission Conditions; or (d) does not satisfy any other Contest conditions, his/her Entry will be disqualified and another Entrant may be selected for a Prize based on the next highest vote garnering Team for a Grand Prize, or by random draw for a Secondary Prize. The process will continue until each applicable Secondary or Grand Prize winner (as applicable) has been successfully selected and confirmed in accordance with these Rules. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible, whether as a result of human error or otherwise, for any failure to contact any potential winner. Once declared the winner, the selected Entrant will be directed as to how to claim his/her Prize.
11. Tampering: All Entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules may be disqualified by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Entries, typographical or other production errors, or any errors or omissions in printing or advertising related to this Contest. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated maximum number of Entries by using multiple/different names, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that person’s Entries and eligibility to win a Prize and that Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest and, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, any of the Contest Sponsor’s other promotions. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all Entries by that Entrant.
Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the Internet or any website during the Contest, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
12. Modification/Termination : Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability, to terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or to modify the Rules of the Contest at any time, without notice, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, or for any other reason at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
13. Privacy : The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about Entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by Entrants, unless they specifically provide their consent to receive such communications.
14. Publicity: By accepting a Prize, each winner agrees that the Releasees and their respective designees may use his/her name, photographs, videos, likenesses, city of residence, biographical information, prize information and/or statements about this Contest for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification, or permission, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
15. Release and Liability : By entering this Contest, Entrants forever release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all damages, injuries, death, loss, or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, or while preparing for and/or participating in any Contest and/or Prize-related activity.
16. Construction : All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario without giving effect to its conflict of law rules and provisions. All Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario. All Entrants expressly agree that the Ontario courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal courts of Canada and provincial courts of the Province of Ontario, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. The venue shall only be Toronto, Ontario.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
In addition, Contest Sponsor will not assume any responsibility of any nature whatsoever in all cases where its inability to hold the Contest or to remit the Prizes to the winners results from a cause beyond its control, including force majeure, weather conditions, strike, lock-out or other labour dispute, or cancellation of the NBA game to which the Secondary Prize winner selection relates.
17. Prize Supplier: By entering the Contest Entrants acknowledge and agree that MLSE’s role in the Contest is that of Prize supplier and that the Contest Sponsor is otherwise responsible for the conduct and administration of the Contest, including the selection of winners and the remittance of Prizes.